When will we cancel?
GEVA makes every effort to fulfill our commitment to teams and clubs by conducting all scheduled tournaments. Sometimes things get in the way. Our inclement weather practice has been to hold the tournament if at all possible (even if some teams are more effected than others). Exceptions are made in dangerous situations, and those beyond our control. If the weather is bad, (snow and ice) your safety is paramount. Do not drive if it you don't feel safe.
Why do we cancel?
We will cancel for two reasons:
1. The staff determines the weather and driving conditions are too hazardous.
2. If the facility where we are holding tournament cancels our access.
When do I know?
When possible, a decision is made prior to 9 pm the evening prior. If a situation worsens overnight, the decision is adjusted prior to 5:30 am the day of the tournament. Once cancelled, we will not have a mind change.
How do I know?
We will send information through webpoint to Club directors, and AES to participating Clubs. We will also post on juniors and home page of geva.org
Safety is paramount.
Do not drive if it you don't feel safe.
There is still time to register for the LHVA-WVBNY Juniors Beach Doubles Program.
Want to learn more about our program and beach volleyball?
Need help with registration?
Come to our information & open net night on June 26th from 6:30pm - dark. We will have 5 nets set up for players and a booth for questions and help with registration for this program. Stop by or stay and play!
Click here for more information.
LHVA and WVBNY are excited to offer the Juniors Beach Doubles Volleyball program again this summer for current players in 6th - 11th grade. Practices will take place on Monday and Tuesday nights at Mamaroneck Harbor starting July 16th. All players must have a Volley America account and register for the program through their website. Registration is now open and will close on June 22nd.
Click here fore more information!
LHVA Over the Years